Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNoWriMo Food Groups

I am slowly gaining momentum with my writing project for this year's National Novel Writing Month, affectionately known as NaNo. Participants tend to be known as Wrimos, which borders on sounding like winos to me, but that might not be too far from the mark if there are authors out there following the "Write drunk, edit sober" mantra of Ernest Hemingway. Not such a bad mantra, especially if you read the article I linked with the quote.


Seems a lot of writers have things they do while they are writing that they never or rarely do any other time. For me, my diet changes definitely for the worst, but gosh darn it, my Muse is a demanding wench, and she wants junk food.

Here are my main food groups for my creative process. I will be planning detox sessions in the near future to follow my writing sessions.

Dark Chocolate Kit Kats
Peanut M&Ms
Coca Cola


Coffee 


Not necessarily in that order. Chocolate combinations may vary.

Approach me at your own risk during and after my writing sessions. Not only does the sugar-caffeine combo make me creative, it makes me ornery when I come down from the high.  I only hope that the satisfaction of achieving my word count goal keeps me happy enough to counteract my terrible writing diet. Most of the time that works, but...

Warning: tantrums likely.

Bonus: My good friend Patrick Rothfuss' NaNoWriMo Pep Talk 

Go Forth and Write Good Fellows! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment