Monday, March 3, 2014

Awesome Blog Content Award


Look! I got nominated for another award right during Oscar time! Unfortunately, I was too tired to watch the Oscars, and when I hunted up the highlights they were dreadfully boring...aside from a few tidbits like Benendict Cumberbatch photobombing U2. Gotta love the British! 

Speaking of, one of my favorite British ladies nominated me for this award, the awesome blogger in her own right, and beautiful blossoming novelist: Fiona Chapman. I am so grateful that someone, at least, thinks I have awesome content on my blog. 

Without further ado, here comes my "acceptance speech" in the form of the A-Zs of what is important to me. Hope you enjoy this little bit of goofiness. 

A - Apple© Products - without them, my creativity and level of distraction would be non-existent. 


B - Bunnies - BUNNY! bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny (saw the small print real fast) I happen to have a huge soft spot for my eldest daughter's rabbit.

C - Coffee and Chocolate - My writing vices of choice. I have to add creativity too because without it, I wouldn't exist. I could say the same of coffee and chocolate.

D -  Doors - because without opening them, I would be devoid of opportunities. 

E - Exile - sometimes you just have to get away from it all. 

F - Family - I have one of the best. 

G - Griff -  He's my Muse. 

H - Husband - He's my rock and my other muse and my totally awesome other half. 

I - Inner Strength - I keep looking for it, and sometimes I even believe I have it. (You thought I was going to say Internet, didn't you?)


J - Jasmine - She's the best little sister in the world and she will make an incredible doctor. 

K - Kids - they drive me nuts sometimes, but without them I would not be able to fulfill my whole purpose.

L - Llamas - I want to have some on my future farm.

M - Music - I try to have a soundtrack for my life, and I have a musician for a husband. 

N - Noir - I try to get a flavor of it in my writing. 

O - Open Mindedness - Everyone has a point of view, and there are at least two sides to every story.

P - Pinterest - Yup. It's my photo hoard of inspiration and part of my Internet platform. Pictures tell a thousand words and most of my hoard reveals secrets about me. 

Q - Quest - a form of making dreams come true. 

R - Research - an essential part of being an author.


S - Shakespeare. I have a renewed appreciation for The Bard. He might be my biggest intellectual crush.

T - Twitter - My Internet support group. I can't believe the number of talented people there, and the number of connections I have made in such a short period of time, even finding awesome people in my local area. The people I have met there so far have been been my backbone for braving this world of public writing.

U - Unity - Everyone comes from the same stuff. 

V - Visuals - go along with my photo hoard. Scenery is a good thing.

W - Writing. This is my life. As I say everywhere, for me, writing is as necessary as breathing. 

X - SupercalifragilisticeXpialidocious - about as ridiculous as the Letter X. ;) 

Y - You - My readers. I have high hopes for dragging all of you along on my journey and hopefully providing you with some entertainment along the way. 

Z - Zoos - I have a latent desire to be a zoo keeper, and I have quite an in-home menagerie. 

There you have the A to Z of what's on my awesome list. I am pleased to nominate a few of my friends for this award. They may not succumb to this blog goofiness, but their blogs are worth a visit, and their books are must reads.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shanah, this is an incredibly fun read. Your writing style reads just like crisp flowing air. I'll surely be back to see your future blog posts. You've found yourself a new reader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you! I am so glad you stumbled onto my "babbling space" and like it. Thank you so much! :D

      Delete