I am doing a combo post because so often I come across something that inspires me so much, that I also find myself feeling grateful.
First the technical stuff. This is a blog hop. A duel one today. Thursday's Children is hosted by Rhiann Wynn-Nolet and Kristina Perez, and Celebrate the Small Things is hosted by Vik Lit. I keep coming back to these blog hops because they offer something I believe is valuable and things we need to be reminded of. There *is* inspiration out there. There *are* things to be grateful for, even when things are not looking so hot. And now onto what inspires me and why I am grateful. It started with this:
I saw this and I knew I needed to do a combination post. In fact just yesterday someone lit the flame within me by giving me a blog award. We need to remember to be grateful for everything, even the darkness. It's only through the darkness that we can recognize the light, right? And when we are grateful for our blessings, we will be naturally inspired.
Our creativity comes from recognition of everything...not just beauty, but even the things that are unpleasant. I still shy away from the unpleasant, everyone does, but the fact is, our characters experience everything we do, whether we want them to or not, and usually in more extreme situations. I have to remind myself that my sensitivity is a blessing. Still there are some things I just can't tolerate because I am *really* sensitive.
I *do* have cause for deep gratitude for those who have lighted a flame within us, within me. I could name them, but the list is long and I hope it keeps growing. I hope that I am a spark to someone, because that is the best way to show my gratitude.
I'm so touched to have been nominated by Katie Hayoz for The Beautiful Blogger Award! She has a beautiful blog in her own right that always makes me hungry for popcorn. ;) Katie and I share a strange bond.
We're both from Wisconsin, but she's in Switzerland, and I'm still here.
I remember being surprised when she made a Green Bay Packer comment on Twitter, or something like that. I was all like...whoa! Packers have fans in Switzerland? I'm pretty sure she also made reference to something obscure that only Wisconsinites really know. I hunted her down to ask her about it, and the rest is history. Katie has a new YA book out!
I admire her so much for going with the self published route. That's not an easy track to choose, despite what others may think. Check out UntetheredHere! More links Here!
I'm very grateful to be Katie's friend, and I have a whole lot of fun sharing our RDJ fantasies on Pinterest with Julie Hutchings. hee hee... I just got the idea that the 3 of us might end up doing RDJ fanfiction together.... *blush* What do you think girls? ;)
The rules for the Blogger Award are:
1) Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
2) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3) Tell 7 things about yourself.
4) Nominate 7 fellow bloggers.
OK so I need to come up with 7 more things about me...I've got two other posts with stuff about me, so I've got to come up with 7 more...wish me luck...
1) I am embarking on a gardening adventure this summer. Like Katie, I usually have a very blackened thumb when it comes to plants. However, I have vowed to try a few things this year in experimentation, so that our future can be more green and sustainable. I am going to be planting a bean/pea tee pee playhouse for my kids, and a combo bee/veggie garden.
2) I am deathly allergic to dogs. Severely allergic to cats. I always say that dogs will kill me quickly, while cats will kill me just a little more slowly. But more interestingly, I am allergic to donkeys. Yup...keep jackasses away from me. Unless you want to see my face melt ala the end scene from Indiana Jones. ;) (Keep dogs (all dogs) away from me too. There is no such thing as a dog I am not allergic to. *sigh* Sucks, because I love all animals.)
3) I have a fictional band in my WIP novel called Rebel Lettuce®. My daughter came up with the name, and I love it. I asked my husband to design the logo and make me a t-shirt. I hope to have more made when my book comes out. Everyone needs a Rebel Lettuce® t-shirt!
4) I am shamefully addicted to Starbucks®. :P I even have a Starbucks® card from London.
5) I have 2 tattoos. One on my left ankle and one on my right arm. I plan on at least 3 more. Body art can be very symbolic.
6) My "blankie" from my infant days still resides under my pillow.
7) I am plotting my future farm on Pinterest. So far it includes reindeer and angora goats. It will have chickens, other poultry, sheep and/or alpacas...and hopefully horses, among other things. Muhahahahaa! One farm to rule them all!
I might have gotten a little carried away there. I get blindsided by an award and you all end up with goodies about me that are fairly current or things that are on my mind. Hope you had fun discovering more about me! ;)