We're both from Wisconsin, but she's in Switzerland, and I'm still here.
I remember being surprised when she made a Green Bay Packer comment on Twitter, or something like that. I was all like...whoa! Packers have fans in Switzerland? I'm pretty sure she also made reference to something obscure that only Wisconsinites really know. I hunted her down to ask her about it, and the rest is history. Katie has a new YA book out!
I admire her so much for going with the self published route. That's not an easy track to choose, despite what others may think. Check out Untethered Here! More links Here!
Julie Hutchings. hee hee... I just got the idea that the 3 of us might end up doing RDJ fanfiction together.... *blush* What do you think girls? ;)
1) Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
2) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3) Tell 7 things about yourself.
4) Nominate 7 fellow bloggers.
OK so I need to come up with 7 more things about me...I've got two other posts with stuff about me, so I've got to come up with 7 more...wish me luck...
1) I am embarking on a gardening adventure this summer. Like Katie, I usually have a very blackened thumb when it comes to plants. However, I have vowed to try a few things this year in experimentation, so that our future can be more green and sustainable. I am going to be planting a bean/pea tee pee playhouse for my kids, and a combo bee/veggie garden.
2) I am deathly allergic to dogs. Severely allergic to cats. I always say that dogs will kill me quickly, while cats will kill me just a little more slowly. But more interestingly, I am allergic to donkeys. Yup...keep jackasses away from me. Unless you want to see my face melt ala the end scene from Indiana Jones. ;) (Keep dogs (all dogs) away from me too. There is no such thing as a dog I am not allergic to. *sigh* Sucks, because I love all animals.)
3) I have a fictional band in my WIP novel called Rebel Lettuce®. My daughter came up with the name, and I love it. I asked my husband to design the logo and make me a t-shirt. I hope to have more made when my book comes out. Everyone needs a Rebel Lettuce® t-shirt!
5) I have 2 tattoos. One on my left ankle and one on my right arm. I plan on at least 3 more. Body art can be very symbolic.
6) My "blankie" from my infant days still resides under my pillow.
7) I am plotting my future farm on Pinterest. So far it includes reindeer and angora goats. It will have chickens, other poultry, sheep and/or alpacas...and hopefully horses, among other things. Muhahahahaa! One farm to rule them all!
I might have gotten a little carried away there. I get blindsided by an award and you all end up with goodies about me that are fairly current or things that are on my mind. Hope you had fun discovering more about me! ;)
Now for 7 more Beautiful Bloggers:
J. Elizabeth Hill
The Feather and the Rose