Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday's Children ~ Priorities

It's not every day I see a post or anything about being inspired by priorities. Right now, I am actually forcing myself to be inspired by them. I don't like sorting through what I should and shouldn't do.

I've been trying to convince myself, as much as my loyal followers, that I even have priorities. I've done this with convincing posts about How I Am Going To Write and ignore everything else social network-wise for awhile. I seriously have a fear of abandonment. Like if I leave, everyone else will be gone when I get back.

Well, it's time. I have to actually do it. I have to look at my priorities, and see what is truly important to me. I am getting grumpy by not doing this. I know the friends I have met online, and the insight I can get is important. Marketing and "networking", however, can eat your soul somehow. You're literally selling yourself and I really don't like it. If people can't like me for who I am, it's just not worth it.

So, rocket squirrels and loyal peeps, you won't see me much. Not because I am leaving you, but because I have to be me. I can't let "building my marketing foundation" eat my soul.

If we want to keep in touch, I will only be checking my Twitter "connect" feed (so tweet directly to me), my Pinterest, and my email (which tells me when I have comments on my blog as well) for as long as it takes for me to write what I want to write. I will do occasional blog posts to say "hi"...mostly the meme posts, but not every week.

Online reality is superficial unless you truly make the connections you want to make. You have to take power over it, and not let it get power over you. Success is out there, but everyone has to go about getting it in their own way. I value all of you who feel I am worthy of following, and I won't let anyone down, least of all...myself.

click to read, it's worth it

This is a blog hop hosted by Rhiann Wynn-Nolet and Kristina Perez. Please visit other Thursday's Children for more inspiration.


14 comments:

  1. Well, we'll miss you, so I hope you join TC once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, TC and my other 2 memes will be my highest blog posting priorities. It's really TC that has been influential for discovering what is important.

      Delete
    2. What Rhiann said! Make sure your priorities include support for your creative soul!
      Best,
      ~Dannie @ Left to Write

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I won't totally cave up, even if there are so many times when I would like to. ;)

      Delete
  2. Grin, I like the changing priorities sign and your resolve. All the best--may you reach you dreams.

    http://www.miaceleste.com/?p=341

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D thank you! I hope all your dreams come true as well.

      Delete
  3. Will miss your tweets! But it is more important you succeed and create. A creative mind has to get that new creation out or you feel like you are going nuts. So write away, we will await your return. :) You can't fight creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said and thank you! Friendship is important too, so I'll be in touch. I just can't let myself get locked into the hype that is "online", you know?

      Delete
  4. The amount of time we can spend on social media is all shades of alarming... I still don't fully understand Twitter, but in a way I'm glad because I've heard it's addictive! Enjoy your break, and come visit TC once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally support this priority. Social media can be the ultimate reason stuff DOESN'T get written, haha. Enjoy the time off and write as much as you can. You can always come back when you're ready.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. It's very helpful to set boundaries and priorities. Good luck. Write write write. And use social networking for a break. A coffee break. :) see you then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! I appreciate all the support! I'll take you up on that coffee break too. ;)

    ReplyDelete