Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Sun Award

I have been nominated for this lovely award by my friend and fellow blogger, Fiona Chapman. I enjoy Fiona's brightness a lot on Twitter, and I am truly honored to know that I can brighten her day as well.
The intent of this award is to present it to someone who brightens your day either in blog format or in general and to have a little fun with giving up some summer secrets.
This has been an odd summer for me, so having to remind myself of summer favorites has been a good exercise.

Favourite song with summer in the title or the lyrics (give the line): Cruel Summer  by Bananarama. Long live the 80s! ;)
Favourite book about summer: Hmm, I don't think I've read a book necessarily about summer. Anne of Green Gables was good in my youth and has some summer moments. Moonspinners by Mary Stewart takes place in one of my favorite destinations, Greece, and Crocodile on the Sandbank (and most of the whole series) by Elizabeth Peters takes place in Egypt, so I have plenty of books to transport me to summer like environs any time I want.
Favourite hot summer film: Hot as in big box office? Or hot as in eye candy type hot? I guess Iron Man 3 for this summer as far as answering both questions.
Favourite summer memory: Camping in a state park with our then 3 year old daughter and also our trip to Maine, and our South Dakota road trip with then 8 year old and our then 9 month old.
Favourite summer holiday destination: Maine, London, South Dakota or any number of state parks in Wisconsin if I stick to places I've been to.
What books will be in your suitcase this summer? Since I am not planning on going anywhere, my books in my TBR tower are Never After by Dan Elconin, and Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce. I just finished the original Peter Pan (odd book, by the way) and I am on a Captain Hook kick, so I hope I enjoy Never After. Trickster's Choice will be an experiment, as well. I don't normally read YA.
What’s your likely destination this summer? My back yard.
What hottie would you most like to be sharing the hot days and long nights with this summer? Like Fiona, if I can't choose my hubby, I'll take Colin O'Donoghue or Robert Downey Jr.

Here are the rules:
1.     Display the Summer Sun Award logo and link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
2.     Answer the questions listed above.
3.     Nominate a further eight lucky recipients (one for each sun-ray).

I nominate the following people for brightening various areas of my internet and life:

J Elizabeth Hill
Christine Allen-Riley
Rhiann Wynn-Nolet
Kristen Jett
Katie Hayoz
Julie Hutchings
Jen Naumann
The Feather and the Rose

4 comments:

  1. AWWW! Thank you! And Cruel Summer is an awesome summer song! 80's all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! Sometimes the backyard is the best destination possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, honey! This looks like fun! I'll get on it as soon as I start washing the vacation laundry. :D

    Also, I now have Cruel Summer stuck in my head! :D

    ReplyDelete