Friday, July 29, 2011

Writer's Block

There are several types of Writer's Block. I have probably experienced the "holy crap there are too many distractions/interruptions for me to think" kind the most. The other common type is "my mind is completely blank and no ideas will ever enter it". That kind is particularly depressing. The type I am experiencing now is just as frustrating. It's the "holy crap I have a lot of ideas and I don't know what to do with them" type.

I also read something today that sort of threw me instantly into Writer's Block. Here's the quote: "I would like writers to remember they are akin to magicians -- please don't give away how you perform your illusions." from reddit user - Logic_Zero. So now I am in a tizzy about how I am supposed to keep my writing mysterious. Two days of finding things about writing that I didn't expect to find. And now all I want is a "room of my own" so that I can go and just sort of let my muse go crazy. Right now I have this restless muse who keeps thinking about what kind of furnishings it wants to put in our room of our own. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment