I am so honored to be nominated for this award, especially since I haven't been feeling very inspirational or inspired lately. My gratitude is deeply extended to Fiona Chapman for nominating me for this award. Fiona has served as inspiration and encouragement throughout my writing process and I am very happy to have met her on Twitter. I hope she and I will continue to be inspiring for each other and others aspiring to launch their writing careers.
A few simple rules apply to this award as follows:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (the number seems to vary) for this award and link to them.
Here are "Seven Random Things" about Me:
1) I've been writing since I was little, but seriously writing every day since 2003. Only problem is that my writing was with co-writers, and one in particular. My most awesome co-writer decided that his muse needed a rest, and I've now launched out on my own again.
2) I grew up in the country, an only child, and my best friend was my pony.
3) My favorite reading genres are romantic suspense and mystery, however I was recently introduced (by fate, it seems) to Paulo Coelho's work, and am enamored. My favorite writing genre is romantic suspense/adventure, sometimes with a taste of Urban Fantasy.
4) I *love* animals. I am the keeper of a cat, a hedgehog, a field mouse, 5 chickens and a parakeet. I would love to have more animals.
5) I am deathly allergic to dogs. Not kidding. Dogs to me are like peanuts to people with peanut allergies. I am also allergic to donkeys, horses and cats.
6) I majored in Dance for a year in college before waffling between an English degree and a Biology degree. Biology and English continued to fight. English won with an emphasis on British Lit. My minor is in Creative Writing and Psychology.
7) I lived in London for 3 months on less than 12 USD a week. I am living proof that it is possible to live in London on the cheap.
And here are some more bloggers who have been a great inspiration to me, and continue to encourage me:
One of my first Tweeps, and I am very happy to have met her.
All of the authors on this blog are amazing! Since Shana and I share a first name, I had to follow her on Twitter, and proceeded to discover a new favorite author and person.
J. Elizabeth Hill
An author whose self published book grabbed me by my shirt and held on for dear life. I really like her as a person too.
A very inspirational girl and a muse in her own right. She's a lovely person too!
Another inspirational person and one I would not like to lose for a friend.
Karen is an amazing blogger with some of the best writing advice I have ever run across. She's not to be missed.