Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday's Children ~ Inspired by Adventure

Today I am embarking on my journey to my first writers' conference. I am so excited, I decided my inspiration today was adventure! I *love* adventure, and I have had quite a few in my life. Nothing spectacular like climbing Mt. Everest or traveling around the globe in a hot air balloon, but I've traveled, and I've been to a number of places I consider adventurous, and all new things are adventures to me.

I am shy and don't take huge risks like swimming in icy cold lakes, or I don't know, eating poisonous fish as delicacies. However, I do try to push myself out of my comfort zone every once in awhile, and a lot of the time there are doors of opportunity opening that I can't ignore.

So, today, my adventure is my first journey to a writer's conference. Both the journey and the conference are going to be adventures, despite the fact that the conference is only 2 hours away from my home.

Even short travels can be adventures, and everything can be seen with new eyes. What are some of your big or small adventures that have inspired you? 


This is a blog hop! Please visit other Thursday's Children! Hosted by the wonderful Rhiann Wynn-Nolet and Kristina Perez.

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! Someday I'd love to go to a writers' conference and be surrounded by "my people" so to speak, people who "get" what it's all about. Twitter will have to do for now, I'm afraid. Enjoy! I'm looking forward to hearing about how the conference inspires you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my first writer's conference last summer and it was wonderful. I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. You'll have to tell us Thursday's Children all about it! Thanks for joining us, Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post today : ) and I hope you have a fantastic time at the writer's conference! A small adventure that inspired me was the year before last when I worked with my brother to film my very first book trailer. I've always loved film making and even acting, but my brother and I were both discouraged from pursuing our interests in the arts. But anyway, despite this we worked together to create a book trailer and I don't know about him, but I had such a blast! It was awesome to work with the actors and help with directing/editing etc...To see the completed project (even though it wasn't perfect) made me realize that I CAN pursue the goals that I'm interested in. So that was one small adventure that I look back on with fondness : ) Thanks for such a great blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck.. have fun... and make sure to tell us about your adventures next Thursday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, have fun!! I'm going to my first writer's conference in June, and it'll definitely be an adventure. I can't wait to hear about yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back everyone, and thanks for all your well wishes! I am soooo tired. I promise to catch up soon, and there's a small post coming today (Monday) to give a brief glimpse of my writers' con experience.

    ReplyDelete