Friday, May 24, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things - Grateful for Home


I've spent my last few posts pining for London, but really, I am grateful to be home. If I think back to my trip, I certainly want to return, but there are factors I would really like to avoid next time. That means more planning.

I am grateful to be home with my husband who encourages me every single day, and loves me enough to brave the abhorred Pick n' Save to get me cookies because the other grocery store was closed.

While my kids fight with each other, I still love them while beating my head against my desk. Sometimes they really get along, but my 3yo is extremely territorial for some reason. My 12yo hardly ever gets to sit in "her sister's chair." But they are beautiful in every way despite fiery tempers.

Challenges should inspire me, but they make me tired. Eventually I will overcome them, and for now I am taking comfort in home.

Hosted by the wonderful VikLit who I almost got to meet in London!

6 comments:

  1. Our families keep us grounded, and give us reasons to aspire and grow. This was a sweet tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really do need to remind myself of that rather often when I've got the sibling rivalry going on and all of that. However, I usually don't have to work hard to remember.

      Delete
  2. Yay that you enjoyed London. It's such a big place, that you need to go there a good handful of times to find the best places. I still make mistakes whenever I go there, but that's part of the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *love* London. Well, I love the UK really, but London is so much fun. I hope that I can get back there to make more pleasant mistakes. :) It would be easier if I went by myself, honestly. Then I would be fine with making the mistakes. I wasn't so good with getting lost when I had to navigate someone else, even though she was very forgiving. ;)

      Delete
  3. May patience overwhelm you more than kiddie antics! Enjoy those moments before the teenage years come about. :) Good for your supportive hubby. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I've only got one more year before my 12 yo is officially a teen, but she's been older than her years since she was born. ;) My 3yo...woo hoo...that will be a long challenge...I'm up for it...most of the time.

      Delete