Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thursday's Children - Searching for Inspiration

Prince Albert
You'd have thought that my trip to London would have held some inspiration, right? Well, it did, sort of. What it really did was just make me want to go back...for a longer time...to do some real research. My trip was wonderful, don't get me wrong, but it was just a taste...an orientation of what I could have been doing while I was there. Deep exploration.

Instead, I am home. "Homesick" for London, and searching for muse food. What better place to look than on the best blog hop for inspiration: Thursday's Children hosted by Rhiann Wynn-Nolet and Kristina Perez? I can't think of a better place.
Beautiful Kensington Gardens

I am going to hop around this week, and leave my fellow Thursday's Children and readers with some photos from London that might inspire them for their stories. Or maybe it will give us all travel lust and we will want to plan a group journey. Yeah! ;)

Here are the rest of my London photos worth note:
(This is a blog hop. Please visit the other Thursday's Children!) 
Haunted? Tube Train

British Pride

  
Peter Pan

Guard protecting the Crown Jewels

14 comments:

  1. Ah London, it is a fascinating place. Also, I had the best chocolates of my entire life (and I've eaten chocolate, lots of it, in lots of different places) from Harrod's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best chocolate I had was in London at Melt. Divine! I think a chocolate tour of the world might be in order. ;)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to go back to London for longer in the not-too-distant future. Glad your 'taster' was good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was lovely. I've been there before, as everyone has probably gathered from previous posts. This was the most free I was able to be, however, which is why it whetted my appetite.

      Delete
  3. Nice photos! Travel is such an awesome way to grab some inspiration. Hope you get to go back for a longer trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will eventually get back. I just have to tame my impatience. Glad you enjoyed the photos. :D

      Delete
  4. I went to London to pick up, and import, Hubby :) Three weeks of adventure. Although I disagree with Rhiann - in Paris there is a little shop that has the BEST CHOCOLATE EVER! I dream about that chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! A romantic trip would definitely seal my heart for London. ;) Paris I need to give a second chance. Didn't like it much the first time. And Melt in London still has the best chocolate, I've had. Chocolate tour of the world, here we come. ;)

      Delete
  5. I've never been to London, but I can understand how you might miss it. Thanks for sharing some of your experiences there.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/05/inspired-by-beginnings-thirteen-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Hope you get to go there sometime. It really is a city to experience. :)

      Delete
  6. Great pictures! I went to London once when I was just a teen, but would go back in heartbeat. I remember Piccadilly Circus blowing my 15-year-old mind... though I don't remember why anymore, lol! I hope you can get back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still have to actually walk around Piccadilly Circus. I probably was there the first time I was in London, but I need to revisit it, since my memory is blurred for that part. London will always have reasons for going back. :)

      Delete
  7. I love the Peter Pan statue. It features in one of my manuscripts ;-) Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Pan was a discovery I made in the Park all those years ago I was first in London and it just made my day. Along with meeting the squirrels. ;)

      Delete