Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jet Lag from Hell

I am back. Happy to be home, but already secretly planning my return to a city I love. The weather was crap, the food was iffy (partially because of my appetite), the company was stellar, hotel was fantastic, and transportation better (and worse in some cases) than expected.

However, I ended up with one of the worst cases of jet lag I have ever had.

I found this link today: A Battle Plan for Jet Lag and I really wish I had looked it up before I left. I did just about everything wrong I could have done.

When we got to London, it was already 8 in the morning, and we had to get to our hotel, check in, and decide what we were going to be able to do while we waited for our room to be ready at 3PM. We were exhausted; totally and completely exhausted beyond the point to even be able to sleep any more, at least in my case.

I wanted to get in touch with everyone. So, I was on my iPhone as soon as I had access to free wireless. I had no idea I was supposed to be avoiding light, so we did other stuff because it was daytime. I hadn't slept at all on the overnight flight. I didn't sleep at all the first night in London either. Nothing like being up for 30 hours.  I don't recommend it.

Anyway, I am recovering and now I have my battle plan set for next time. I will get caught up on Thursday's Children and Celebrating the Small Things and probably join one more fun sounding hop in the next week. Sorry so slow, but as you get to know me, I am a cross between an OCD squirrel and a snail, most of the time. Right now, I feel like this:

1 comment: