Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Back to Priorities

There is nothing sexy or fun about prioritizing. UGH. I am not good at doing it, and I inevitably find myself sucked back into things of interest in order to escape.

I think my head is as full of new information and I have a To Read Book Tower that is about to fall over. I won't even get into the fact that the holiday season has launched, except that we have not done any decorating in our house yet.

It got me to thinking that it's time for me to hole up. I need to back off of my Twitter IV Drip, since all I am seeing there right now are more books for me and/or my daughter to read and I am already buried.  I've been trying to talk myself into doing this for awhile.



I need to write. My singular goal of launching myself into the Twitterverse and beyond was so that I had my foundation in place for my future books. I plan to dazzle you all when I am ready. In order to do that I need to write.

Remember that I just tossed about 9 years of writing stuff into a "beloved but never to return to" file. That's a lot of writing and it means I have to start over on my own. So, this is going to take awhile. There's a tiny taste of a blurb for my rough draft mystery over on my NaNoWriMo page.

I feel like I need to apologize for hiding. My insecurity is that my foundation is not strong enough to hold up under my absence, and all my lovely followers and bookmarked information will *Poof* away while I am gone. I have a fear of abandonment. *sigh*

However, I have to write. I have to edit. I have to research plots and locations. I have to get my focus back onto my passion for the written word. And I have to say it all out loud to convince myself.


I hope everyone will stay tuned for some razzle dazzle. I'll keep popping in to say hi and do book reviews when I finally get some reading done. I read slowly.

Please leave a comment. Follow my blog here with the google thingie or email. I am still building my tribe and would love to hear from you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment