Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sisu!

Greetings from the land of sorting out new year's resolutions. I have decided that I am just going to throw away most of my carefully planned ideas for 2013 and go with the flow.

Why? Because I have Sisu! I am a quarter Finnish through my ancestors, and I have decided that the only thing I really need is that special determination that only the Finnish can truly define. 
But there is a reason that I called my blog various things involving Sisu. It's because I have always intended to invoke as much of that special power from within as I will need to succeed.

My first step toward success: Bringing forth my latent Sisu tendencies.

My second step toward success: Launching my internet platform for my writing and joining NaNoWriMo, Twitter, and Pinterest.

My third step toward success: Discovering that cross country skiing is still, in fact, in my blood after (ugh...) a really really long time of not skiing...(like really long time...)....I just skied today for the first time in that really really long time and It. Was. Wonderful. Enough said.

So, I am going to go forth with the battle cry of Sisu! You will all get to watch me roar! I do hope you'll stick around and make more discoveries with me. You'll even get to read some new books, written by yours truly, eventually.

For now, I am off to work some of that sisu into getting rid of the holiday aftermath that hit my house.
Stay tuned for more Sisu updates in 2013! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment